As an Advanced Home Theater Technician with Geek Squad, you’ll lend your talents to a wide range of complex projects, from diagnosing and repairing home theater devices to wiring an entire home entertainment system. You’ll travel to the clients’ homes and provide a seamless experience by providing complete solutions for their needs. Your projects will include delivery, repair, networking, installation, providing technical advice, recommending products and setting future service appointments. Internally, we refer to this role as a Home Theater Double Agent.
What you’ll do
- Deliver, troubleshoot, install and repair complex devices in clients’ home.
- Maintain phone and in-person contact with clients to reveal diagnostic discoveries and make recommendations for protecting their products
- Provide timely updates to clients and the rest of your team
- 1 year of home theater installation and repair or related experience
- Appropriate certifications and licenses according to state law
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and clean driving record (employees who work exclusively in Manhattan, New York, area are exempt from this requirement)
- Ability to lift or maneuver 75 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation and up to 150 pounds with help
What’s in it for you
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially during key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Financial savings and retirement resources
- Support for your physical and mental well-being
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™
What are my rewards and benefits?
Discover your career here! At Geek Squad and Best Buy we offer much more than a paycheck. Surrounded by the latest and greatest technology, a team of amazing coworkers and a work environment where anything is possible, you’ll find it easy to be your best when you work with us. We provide an exciting work environment with a community of techno learners where you can be yourself while investing in your career. Empowered with knowledge you will discover endless opportunities to grow. From deep employee discounts to tuition reimbursement, to health, wealth and wellness benefits, to learning and development programs, we believe the success of our company depends on the passion of employees for learning, technology and people.