Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
|Job Location:||Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Competitive Remuneration Package|
|No. Of Jobs:||6|
|City:||Kabul, Faizabad, Herat, Mazar, Jalalabad, Kandahar|
|Organization:||United Nations World Food Programme|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 Months|
|Education:||Bachelor’s in relevant field|
About United Nations World Food Programme: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
ABOUT WFP: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods. Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
To support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
1. Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
3. Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
4. Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations. Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
5. Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
6. Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
7. Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of fixed assets, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
8. Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
9. Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
10. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
Education: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
Bachelors degree in relevant field.
Experience: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
Minimum four years of experience working in finance field.
Fluency (level C) in English, Dari and Pashto.
Submission Guideline: Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
Please copy and paste the following link into the web browser in order to apply for this position:
WFP Jobs in Badakhshan Balkh Herat Kabul Kandahar Nangarhar 2022