Full Job Description
About Avis Budget Group
We don’t just rent cars. We’re changing the way people move. Across our world-famous brands – Avis, Budget, Zipcar, and Apex – we’re leading the way for the global mobility industry.
Our brands represent a mobility ecosystem of more than 11,000 locations in approximately 180 countries. With more than 70 years of experience in managing global fleets and with one of the largest fleets of connected cars in the world, we are committed to innovation and are moving the future of mobility forward.
About the Role
As a Courtesy Bus Driver, you will transport our customers to and from our terminals in a safe and timely manner.
What you’ll do
- Shuttle customers from our rental location to the terminal and back
- Follow all speed limits and traffic guidelines whilst transporting customers
- Assist customers in a helpful and friendly manner, when required
What we’re looking for
- Applicants must have a full and valid driver’s licence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivery exceptional customer service
- Ability to follow procedures and adhere to company guidelines and standards
- A customer-focused, collaborative and adaptable approach
Benefits and Perks
- Hourly pay
- Wellbeing programme incl. life insurance + discounted health insurance + superannuation options
- Access to Perkbox – discounts and offers with hundreds of retailers and big brands, including on cinema tickets , fitness classes , shopping discounts and much more
- Employee discounts on car rental across Avis Budget Group
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by Converge – 24/7 support for your mental health and wellbeing
- Full training provided to help you achieve your goals & reach your potential
Full Job Description
Trinity College (QLD) is currently looking to fill a Bus Driver position. This position is responsible for conducting before and after school bus runs. Hours of work are 06:30 – 08:30 and 14:30 – 16:30
Mandatory Requirements for this role:
- LR Driver’s Licence (MR preferred)
- Driver Authorisation (Required by Qld Transport)
- Medical Clearance (Required by Qld Transport)
- Complete the Bus Driver Training provided by Trinity College
- Agree to the Statement of Faith & Staff Code of Conduct
- Minister’s Reference
Main functions of the Bus Driver position
Bus Driving for College bus runs and excursions including:
- Before and After School Runs
- Completion of records for each trip
- Provision of excellent customer service to all members of the School community including students, parents and other members of staff
- Well presented for each bus trip
- Cleaning and maintenance of College buses including wheels and bullbars
- Any other duties as directed by the Principal or Principal’s representative within the scope of this role
- Confidentiality and Discretion with student information
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Responding to breakdowns and crises within area of responsibility
- Updating of skills and abilities through approved personal and professional development relating to this position
- Maintaining knowledge of, and compliance with, all relevant Legislation, Regulatory requirements, Professional Standards and Guidelines (within scope of work role) and with the organisational goals and objectives, policies, procedures and practices of the School
- Communicate/liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective provision of services
- Actively participate in promoting a safe work environment and adhere to Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- Maintenance of confidentiality of information regarding students, parents, Board, Management and Staff issues
- Participation in performance appraisal, including self-appraisal of job performance
- Committed Christian, active in your church and can subscribe to the College’s Statement of Faith found on our website: Confession of Faith
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a part of a wonderful community-filled school, please email the Executive Assistant to request an employment application: [email protected]
Full Job Description
- Permanent Part Time position
- 24 hours per week; 5 days a week
- Morning and afternoon shifts
- Fantastic opportunity to work with the community
Mackay Children and Family Centre is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service which provides access to integrated early childhood education and care, parenting and family support and child maternal health services. Our centre incorporates a Long Day Care Centre and a Hub, that are designed to work together as an integrated unit. The MCFC Hub provides many programs and services to support the wider community.
Joining us will bring you:
- Unrivalled Support: Join a welcoming and collaborative team committed to providing you all the training, learning and support you need to grow your skills and knowledge! We want you to evolve and grow within our team.
- Wellbeing: Access our comprehensive support services like our Employee Assistance Program.
Join our family
The primary purpose for this role is the safe drop off and pick up of the children to and from their homes to the Mackay Children and Family Center in the morning and afternoons. You will also be required to assist with preparing and cleaning of the bus, and maintenance. You will be completing paperwork and organising bookings for children and families from our Centre.
The bus is an 11-seater which provides transport of ages 3-5. This position is more than just a bus driver for the service, there are plenty of opportunities within the Centre to be involved with the local children and families of Mackay.
This is a spilt shift position that requires you to work mornings and afternoons.
You will be working 5 days, 24 hours a week, working 4 hours every Monday, Wednesday & Friday and 6 hours every Tuesday & Thursday. 2-3 hours in the morning before day care starts (7.30 am to 9.30/ 10.30 am) and 2-3 hours in the afternoon once day care ends (1.30/2.30 pm to 4.30 pm).
Ideally you will have:
- Clean Open Driver’s License
- Certificate III in Early Childhood or higher or enrolled and actively working towards one would be highly desirable, but not essential.
- Local area knowledge
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to relate and be approachable to families and children
- Experience driving a 11-seater or more bus, desirable
- Current Paid Blue Card (or willing to obtain one)
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate/s or a willingness to obtain prior to commencement
- Experience working with children desirable
- Availability to be flexible for split shifts over the 5-day week
- An ability to commit to working 12 months in this role is essential
C&K: Where Every Child Flourishes
We are Queensland’s biggest childcare and kindergarten provider with nearly 350 early services located across our sunny state. We strive to encourage a love of learning through our curriculum of Listening and Learning Together!
Our team are driven by our purpose of nurturing and inspiring children to succeed and passionate about our culture of collaboration, inclusivity and dedication to the growth of all our people, little or otherwise!
If you are excited to join the C&K family, Apply Now!
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes a police check. Also, all C&K employees will need to have obtained their 1st and 2nd vaccinations for COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Location: Mackay, QLD