Latest Updates

Jobs in Malaysia 2023



How to Work in Malaysia?

1. MYXpats

The Malaysia Expatriate Talent Service Centre (MYXpats Centre) processes and issues all Employment Pass and related documents for expatriates wanting to work in Malaysia.

Once a company is registered and approved by the ESD system, it can submit applications for the Employment Pass and related passes.

Once the application for an Expatriate Pass has been submitted, MYXpats Centre will evaluate expatriates for their suitability for jobs. The approval process will take five working days, as per the Client Charter of the ESD.

Located in the Klang Valley, the MYXpats Centre brings together multiple resources under one roof, in one location to improve efficiency and the delivery of services to employers and expatriates.


Run by TalentCorp together with the Immigration Department of Malaysia, and overseen by the Ministry of Home Affairs, the MYXpats Centre is the planned enhancement of immigration services outlined by the Prime Minister of Malaysia and started by the launch of the ESD last year.


MYXpats Centre will provide all services related to the processing and issuance of the expatriate Employment Pass and all related documents.

Expatriate Employment Pass applications in the following sectors or regions will still be under the purview of the following Approving Authorities:


• Manufacturing (Malaysian Investment Development Authority)


• MSC Malaysia status & ICT (Multimedia Development Corporation)

• Banking, Finance & Insurance (Bank Negara Malaysia)

• Capital market (Securities Commission of Malaysia)

• Government Contractual Posts (Public Services Department)

• Expatriate jobs in the ECERDC Region (East Coast Economic Region Development Council)

• Expatriate jobs in the IRDA Region (Iskandar Regional Development Authority)



2. Employment Pass (EP)

The Employment Pass (EP) is a work permit that enables an expatriate to take up employment with an organisation in Malaysia. The pass is subject to the contract of employment (up to 60 months). The Expatriate Committee (EC) or relevant authorities must give approval for the foreign talent to fill a position before the issuance of an expatriate Employment Pass can be made by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.


i. Dependent Pass

Employment Pass holders are eligible to apply for a Dependant Pass for their spouses, children under 18 years of age, legally adopted children under 18 years of age, or parents.


ii. Long-Term Social Visit Pass

Employment Pass holders are eligible to apply for Long-Term Social Visit Pass for parents/parents-in-law, children over 18 years of age, or legally adopted children over 18 years of age.

iii. Social Visit (Temporary Employment) – Foreign Maid

Social Visit (Temporary Employment) is granted to foreign domestic helper or maid working for expatriates.


3. Professional Visit Pass


A Professional Visit Pass (PVP) is granted to foreign talents with acceptable professional qualifications or skills. They can enter the country and provide services or undergo practical training with a Malaysian company on behalf of an overseas company on a temporary basis, for up to 12 months.

Apply now for Malaysia Jobs 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button