Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
Engineer (multiple locations), Kabul, Afghanistan
Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Country: Afghanistan
- City: Kabul
- Office: World Food Programme (WFP) Kabul
- Grade: P-4
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees. We encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Are you an Engineer interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
- Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you!!! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, December 18th, 2022 (11:59 PM CET)
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) , a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy
and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
These jobs are found in Kabul, Afghanistan and Juba, South Sudan Country Offices (COs). Job holders report to the Regional/Division/Country Director or the designate, and are subject to the overall normative and technical direction by the Chief Engineer, WFP Engineering in relation to all matters of engineering services and construction activities.Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
Job holders have in-depth technical knowledge and experience required to identify, analyse and resolve complex engineering issues, manage and direct projects and work streams, provide technical expertise, advice and solutions that support strategic results, and formulate new strategies and technical approaches where appropriate. At HQ or CO, job holders may lead multi-disciplinary teams, including engineering staff, and manage clusters of project partners and stakeholders to deliver engineering services or more complex projects.
THE ROLEJobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
To provide management and expertise in engineering services and construction activities services including management of larger-scale projects and vendors, and contributing to the cost-efficient and timely outcome delivery.Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide expert advice and support to HQ, RBs or COs on a range of engineering services, project management and construction activities including the implementation of WFP policies, standards, norms and practices to ensure that outputs meet the established quality standards.
- Lead engineering and project management services taking into account country-specific technical requirements, using best practices, standards and innovative technologies that comply with WFP standards and processes.
Manage and conduct analysis of project proposals to ensure business case and technical feasibility and that project objectives are attainable within the prescribed resources and timelines.
Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
- Lead the preparation of accurate and timely reports on outputs to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Provide expert guidance to ensure a successful construction procurement process.
- Represent WFP at international meetings and conferences, lead discussions with partners, donors and other stakeholders, exchange knowledge and experience, keeping abreast of construction and engineering technologies, to ensure implementation of innovative engineering solutions.
- Lead the capacity building, mentoring and career development of staff teams to ensure the continued development and high performance.
- Build and reinforce strong partnerships with internal and external clients to effectively identify and meet clients’ expectations.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- An Advanced University degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering discipline, or First University degree with additional years or experience and/or advanced training/courses. Accreditation to “Professional Engineer” or “Chartered Engineer” status, or recognized equivalent by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority
- At least eight years of relevant professional, postgraduate experience in managing large-scale, complex engineering and construction projects and programs in an international environment
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language)Jobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
MORE ABOUT YOU
- demonstrated considerable experience in planning and organizing; managing work programs, objectives, and budgets, and liaison with stakeholders/donors
- developed expert knowledge in engineering specialisations (e.g. seismic, environmental, blast, fire or security and safety engineering)
- developed strong experience in construction or arbitration law and engineering contract management.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
- Leads by Example with Integrity – Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments – Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork – Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
- Applies Strategic Thinking – Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships – Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is an International Professional position and candidates must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment. Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Juba, South Sudan or Kabul, Afghanistan to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notifiedJobs In WFP 2023 – AcbarJobs in Kabul – jobs in Kabul
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.