Position Summary Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a leader in mobile technologies, consumer electronics, home appliances and enterprise solutions. From our humble beginnings to our position today as a tech leader, our passion for innovation has been the common thread throughout our history. We’ve grown into one of THE most recognized global brands. We consider ourselves “relentless pioneers” that push boundaries and defy barriers. The company pushes beyond the limits of today’s technology to provide groundbreaking connected experiences across its large portfolio of products and services, including mobile devices, home appliances, home entertainment, 5G networks, and digital displays. As EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Corporate Commitment Partner, SEA is dedicated to making a positive impact on the environment through its eco-conscious products, practices, and operations.
People | Excellence | Change | Integrity | Co-prosperity
This role will be responsible for developing, administering, and managing performance for the New Computing (NC) sales & promotions programs for the US. The New Computing business, which includes the Galaxy PCs and Tablet families, is a fast growing business at Samsung, and as such, your success requires the right balance of a shoot-for-the-stars entrepreneurial mindset with a pragmatic approach to navigating an established and successful enterprise.
This role will work hand in hand with the Tablet and PC category managers to create & execute demand generation programs, which can include instant rebates, trade-in, bundles, financing and other sales incentives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Tablet & PC Promotional/Sales program planning & execution:
- National Roadmap: Planning and forecasting for National Retail offers (used by Best Buy, Amazon, Samsung.com etc)
- Create & update financials tools the Category Management team uses to develop promo calendar (weekly breakout of sales incentives offered & to what level, which programs are used and when, etc)
- Develop forecast for proposed roadmaps including sell-out & sell-in revenue, sales deduction budget (SD $), and program profitability
- Account-specific programs: Identify, develop and forecast customized offers for retailers during key events (Black Friday, Prime Day), including analysis of account and channel-wide impact
- Manage sales program proposal pipeline and approval process
- Consolidate program proposals into a single consolidated tracker with forecasted performance against key performance indictors (KPIs).
- Recommend programs for submission to approval by NC leadership
- Ensure timely approvals for on-time program launch
- Program Performance Management
- Post-mortem analysis of completed sales programs
- Measure against KPIs such as sales lift, profitability and ROI to determine program success.
- Identify what factors drove performance and opportunities to improve future performance
- Ongoing development of business models and new data sources/KPIs to improve sales forecasting & performance measurement
- Business Development
- Identify growth opportunities for new sales/channel programs, leveraging business analytics & market/competitive intelligence
- Develop business case/ROI to gain leadership support for new programs
- Evaluate & lead approval for extensions of existing sales programs into new product categories and sales channels
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field with emphasis on statistics, accounting, finance, etc.
- 6+ years of directly related experience, including but not limited to finance (FP&A a plus), business analysis, program management, or statistics/data science.
- If no BS degree, 8+ years of experience.
- 3 years of quantitative analysis
- Prior experience with sales/operations in mobile, consumer electronics, or other technology field is a plus; B2C experience preferred
- Pricing/revenue and supply chain management experience a plus; full P&L management experience preferred
- Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated competency in oral and written communication for both internal and external personnel at various levels, especially in sales and marketing, logistics, or finance
- Ability to communicate complex issues and data in simple terms is highly desired
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within large organizations
- The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including executive leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve program recommendations.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives
- Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex financial/business terms used in negotiated deals
Life @ Samsung – https://www.samsung.com/us/careers/life-at-samsung/
Benefits @ Samsung – https://www.samsung.com/us/careers/benefits/
At Samsung, we believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners, and communities.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.