Canopy AI (parent company of CollegeVine) is the world’s fastest-growing guidance company. Our mission is to bring lifelong guidance to the next generation. Ivy, our AI-powered mentor and superconnector, presents students with timely advice, acts as a sounding board, and surfaces valuable real-world networking opportunities that can change life outcomes. Trusted by millions and counting for guidance on their professional journeys, we are growing quickly in both adoption and revenue. If you want to apply your skills to a unique and consequential mission, we invite you to write the next chapter of your career alongside talented and exceptional teammates at Canopy AI!
About The Role
Canopy AI is looking for a Product Support Specialist to support our CollegeVine product, trusted by millions of families around the world. You will ensure all customers have a positive experience with the product by providing timely and effective support to resolve issues and answer questions.
- Provide prompt and effective support to customers via email, phone, and chat while adhering to team SLAs. Ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner and with a high level of customer satisfaction, focusing on goals of user retention and NPS.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the product through consistently delivering product expertise to customers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering and product management, to identify and resolve customer issues and ensure that customer feedback is incorporated into the product roadmap
- Create and maintain support documentation, including FAQs, knowledge base articles, and training materials, with a focus on helping customers self-serve and reducing support volume.
- Monitor and analyze customer support metrics to identify trends and issues, and proactively take steps to address them.
- Participate in product releases, test new features, and ensure that they are ready for customer use.
- 1-2+ years of demonstrated experience in either product enablement or a support-focused role. Bonus points if you have experience using JIRA and Zendesk!
- Empathy: Demonstrates the ability to empathize and comprehend the needs of various stakeholders, including both our customers and team members internally.
- Customer service: Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, including proactivity and a customer-first mindset.
- Technical aptitude: Possesses a strong technical aptitude and can quickly learn new systems and technologies.
- Problem-solving: Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues effectively.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaboration: Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including engineering and product management.
- Attention to detail: Demonstrates a strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify and address potential issues and inconsistencies.
- Continuous learning: Demonstrates a passion for continuous learning, staying up-to-date with the latest product features, technical developments, and support best practices.
Why you’ll love working at Canopy
- Enjoy actually meaningful work: Spare yourself the dread of having to do mental gymnastics about your company’s mission by working on something that’s high impact and clearly beneficial for society.
- Iterate quickly and see the impact of your decisions and hard work: You’ll find that the teammates who you serve are not only appreciative, and also celebrate your ideas and innovations.
- Be part of a strong consumer brand: We’ve been closing the guidance gap in the United States since 2013 and have one of the most valuable brands in the space. Mention you work on CollegeVine to any college-bound family and see their faces light up.
- Experience remote work at its best: We claim to do remote right and can’t wait to talk to you about it!
Canopy AI was originally founded in 2013 in Cambridge, MA as Admissions Hero (later CollegeVine) and reaches over 20 million families annually in search of guidance. Our roots are in delivering near-peer mentorship at scale, which has since evolved to delivering lifelong guidance through AI and a vast professional network. We have raised over $66m in venture funding from dedicated investors such as Morningside Technology Ventures (Xiaomi, TikTok), the founding partner of 5Y Capital, Fidelity, University Ventures, and more. In 2020, after years of being a remote-friendly company, Canopy became a fully remote company centered on Eastern Time with a diverse cast of team members based predominantly in the United States, but also around the world.