Procurement Officer- SC9
Bachelor’s Degree Afghanistan, KabulFull Time577
|Date Posted:||Nov 17, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Engineering,Legal,Accounting/Finance|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Years of Experience:||3 – 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
ABOUT WFP:UN-WFP Afghanistan 2023 Jobs – WFP Jobs in Afghanistan Kabul
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. UN-WFP Afghanistan 2023 Jobs – WFP Jobs in Afghanistan Kabul
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience program’s across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
To collect, analyze and report on information to maximize efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
2. Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
3. Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
4. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
5. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
6. Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
7. Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
8. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Other as required.
Education:UN-WFP Afghanistan 2023 Jobs – WFP Jobs in Afghanistan Kabul
Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Minimum three or more years of relevant professional work experience in procurement.
Experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
Experience conducting cost analyses.
Experience working with vendors or other partners.
Language:UN-WFP Afghanistan 2023 Jobs – WFP Jobs in Afghanistan Kabul
Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.