Come join our team in a Forklift Operator role in our Cary, NC facility! As an important part of the shipping and receiving process, you’ll help us get our beloved products into stores around the country! With your can-do, go-getter, team-player work ethic, we are positive you will fit right in. To be successful in this role, you could certainly use two scoops of communication skills and a bowl full of detail while preparing some of the world’s most favorite product for shipment. You will also collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives and be a part of the united values and winning culture. At Kellogg’s we eat what we like and we do what we love.
Want to be a part of The Cheez-It Institute and help in determining which flavors of Cheez-It are “Ready or Not Ready”? Join our Cary, NC facility, the home of our Cheez-It since 1921, and recipients of the State of North Carolina Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Certification. Come be a part of our knowledgeable workforce which is made of a diverse culture where 48 countries are represented. Ready to hear about our Square Roots?
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Order Selection & Shipping with Care – You will be selecting finished products for customer orders and preparing shipping procedures while making sure our paperwork and food safety requirements are met. Keep the area tidy! You will be responsible for sanitation inspections and moving trash, scrap, and other debris.
- Check and Double Check – As Shipping becomes second nature to you, you will verify that all appropriate goods are being shipped to the correct destination. Time to be efficient and use your detail-oriented skills!
- On-Time Scheduling – You will be scheduling incoming/outbound materials and finished product shipments. Communication is key!
- Learning On The Job – You will be responsible for learning WMS systems on stand-up forklifts and high-reach trucks as well as having a strong understanding of required audits within the facility
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds & perform other duties as assigned
- Willingness and ability to work on weekends, holidays, and variable shifts
- This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required
- Must not have more than one forklift-related violation or property damage within one (1) year
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by a real recruiter – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back to you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please email [email protected]
ABOUT KELLOGG COMPANY
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDays commitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics, “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
Kellogg is proud to offer industry-competitive Total Health benefits (Physical, Financial, Emotional, and Social) that vary depending on region and type of role. Be sure to ask your recruiter for more information!
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s create the future of food,
- Not provided by employer
- $32.1K – $40.7K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Auburndale, FL.
Full Job Description
It’s an exciting time to work at The Coca-Cola Company. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want or building our eCommerce capabilities. Our Forklift Operators are at the forefront of our business, moving product in our manufacturing facilities, and we invite you to join our team.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Move product to and from trucks, racks, and other locations as assigned. Perform required cleaning and sanitation duties to meet GMP standards. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of quality, service, and cost objectives, while complying with all standard operating procedures and requirements.
- Uses portable computer terminal and laser scanning device, accurately record product movements by item number, lot code, location, and/or truck number.
- Accurately completes manual recording (written record) of product movement as an alternative to PC based records during system outages and for “off-line” transactions.
- Accurately completes pre-operation forklift inspection.
- Demonstrates support of The Coca-Cola Company’s safety initiatives and policies.
- Performs required cleaning and sanitation duties to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of quality, service, and cost objectives
- Complies with all standard operating procedures and requirements under The Coca-Cola Company’s Quality System
Qualification & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Must possess a valid forklift operator license or be certified before driving a lift truck
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language is needed
- Must have the ability to work 8-hour shifts, 12-hour shifts, or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required
- Ideal candidate must be able to move materials weighing up to 50 lbs. 10 feet or more
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 60 working days of start date
What We Can Do For You
- Experience: Join a global organization and the opportunity to learn and grow
- Benefits: Full benefits package that starts on day one of employment
- Education: The ability to learn manufacturing process from a leader in the industry
Computer Literacy; Pallet Jacks; Communication; Writing; English Language; Shipping; Material Handling; Logistics; Forklift License; Mathematics
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Our benefits, called Total Rewards, is about the total value of working at The Coca-Cola Company. It is focused on the complete package of pay, benefits, learning and personal support you receive as a Coca-Cola employee. Below are just a few of the rewards we offer. We provide a multitude of programs to support our employees’ health, including medical, dental, flexible spending and much more.
Be Curious About Our Company
We are always looking for exceptional talent and as a candidate you want to put your best foot forward. The following is an outline of our process and tips on how to best showcase your talent and experience. Apply Online > Phone Interview > Panel Interview > Job Offer > Background Check
Our interview process can take place onsite or virtually. In most cases, you will meet with as many as three people at one time. We try to bring a strong, diverse panel to meet our candidates in order to give you a thorough understanding of the role and the company. During the interview we will talk about your experience and your future ambitions. This is your opportunity to showcase your past experience and demonstrate you have the skills to succeed at Coca-Cola. Prior to your interview date, you’ll receive an interview guide which gives you helpful information on how to prepare and who’ll you’ll be interviewing with.
Our Planet Matters
We act in ways to create a more sustainable and better shared future. To make a difference in people’s lives, communities and our planet by doing business the right way. We offer over 200 brands worldwide, including reduced-sugar drinks and smaller packages. We aim to collect and recycle a bottle or can for every one we sell and make 100% of our packaging recyclable. We are water balanced and working to increase water security where we operate, source ingredients and touch people’s lives. We set a target to reduce our carbon emissions 25% by 2030 from a 2015 base year.