|Closing Date:||Dec 6, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
To provide a variety of secretarial/administrative work in support of project/programme activities.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
To deliver WHO core functions at country level with a particular focus on the organization’s directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. In this framework, specific activities include:
• Support to the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies, and plans;
• Development and management, at the country level, of the organization’s programme of technical cooperation and coordination of the organization’s activities with those of other bodies and with the Government’s National Health Programmes to this end.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the under the direct supervision of Medical Officer, Polio and over all guidance of the WR, Afghanistan, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide a full range of secretarial services, ensuring that deadlines are met and correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner. Type and edit technical reports, documents and presentations in accordance with WHO style, draft general correspondence on own initiative or upon instructions.
2. Receive, screen and process incoming correspondence and requests, obtaining and attaching background information and forward to the staff concerned; drawing their attention to specific issues/problems as necessary.
3. In close coordination with the Administration/Finance unit, process all requests related to programme activities, such as procurement of goods and services, DFC, APWs, Fellowships, consultants, etc, obtain necessary approvals and initiate action in GSM. Follow up with concerned parties the completion of deliverables and payments.
4. Make necessary arrangements for field visits and duty travel of team members, consultants and visiting missions, follow up on ticket and hotel reservations, security clearances, and initiate the travel requests in GSM.
5. Assist in organizing meetings, workshops and training activities, by typing documents and presentations, sending letters to participants, photocopying and preparing files, follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements. Provide secretarial support during meetings.
6. Screen and receive visitors and telephone calls, make appointments, answer queries of and/or redirect visitors and callers. Update and maintain records and reference files.
7. Replace support staff, and perform other related duties including provision of support to other areas of work and teams as required.
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
– Good knowledge of pertinent WHO procedures and established rules.
– Good drafting skills
– Good team work skills,
– Ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds, Ability to work under pressure.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences of related field is an asset
Essential: At least four years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Languages: Fluency of spoken and written English and local language.
– Screening of the candidates;
– Long List – The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
– Short List – Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
– Assessment method:
– WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
– WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan, Badakhshan, Paktya, Herat, Nangarhar, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunduz, Balkh, Bamyan
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-11-15) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.